Wednesday, April 17, 2013

HOME!

What a great journey and experience!  It's hard to think it's over for this trip.  Words can't really describe all the fun we had on our first trip out!  We arrived home safely around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16th.  We covered over 8000 miles, 14 states and gained memories and experiences that will last forever that we can share in our rocking chairs at the lake.

I think I am liking this retirement thing a whole lot!  In reflecting on the last 3 1/2 months, there were a couple of things that surprised me:  

1.  I only read 3 books - I brought about 10 hardbound books and had over twice that much on my iPad,
2.  I barely did any knitting on the road - I thought I would have several projects finished - wondering what the heck I did for 8000 miles!  I guess we smelled the roses and enjoyed each other and the beautiful scenery!
3.  I am frankly overwhelmed by unpacking the rig.  Just trying to remember what goes to the lake, what stays here and what can stay in the trailer is making me crazy!  We are almost done!
4.  We were both super sad having our 'last night' in the rig at Yogi Bear Park.
5. We came home to snow and more is on the way! I was sure it would Spring by the time we came home.
6.  We took way too much stuff ----next year we'll be better about the packing.  We keep saying, "why did we bring XXX"  or "I never wore XXXX". 

A couple of ah-ha's:

1.  I didn't realize how complicated my life had become keeping two houses running and working full time.
2.  We loved the simple life in our 300 square foot  trailer more than either one of guessed possible.
3.   Gil lost over 20 # and I lost ZERO - what is that about?
4.  I am struggling getting my head around the fact that I don't have to go back to work.  I'm a little stressed feeling I need to conquer all the wash , unloading and putting away right now.    I have to keep reminding myself  I can take all the time I want! 
5.  While we weren't sure we were really ready to come home, getting a hug from little Xochitl and Kim last night, made us realize how much we missed our family here.  Tonight we'll have dinner with my mom and dad and catch up.

6.  We LOVE our trailer.  There is nothing we wish was different.  We are excited that we made a choice and have NO regrets or pining for something else.  It more than met our needs and it is such a great travel home for us.

Thanks for traveling with us!  This will be our last post for 2013 as we anticipate and plan for a wonderful summer at the lake,  start thinking about our next year's trip and I seriously work at loosing weight!  Silver Sneakers here I come but first, there is lots more wash to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment