February 18, 2015
It's been busy at the RV park and a little bittersweet as good friends leave the park to head back home. There's been lots of eating out, bonfires, last yoga class and goodbyes. We discovered a new Mexican restaurant in Corpus, The Alcapaco, that has the best homemade tortillas and authentic food. We've been twice in a week.
I flew to Seattle to watch the kids for a week on February 17. The Corpus Christi airport is so nice, quiet, lots of bunnies hopping around the parking lot and a TSA with no lines!
I was warmly greeted by not only by the precious grands, but sunny and warm weather...not very typical for Seattle!
Becky and Jared had flown to Charlotte to attend their franchise conference. Sounds easy? Let me just say, having flown all day, arriving at 10 p.m. and trying to find their car in the lot that they had left earlier was no easy task. And then I had to find my way home stopping only to get my gate pass at Ft. Lewis which was no easy feat! I was quite proud of myself that I actually did it and only got lost once. Thank heavens for Google Maps!
It was a fun and busy week with the kids and I was glad to welcome Becky and Jared home to relieve me! We had some very special times and Maycen and I went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time together, gathered globs of tickets from our wins, and 'got' a colorful bracelet that Maycen loves. And the pizza 'ain't too bad either'. It was fun to be there to help make the birthday cake for Jared and spend some much needed quality time with Becky.
We also did some fun hikes up to the falls at Snowqualmie and along the sound. This is such a beautiful area...especially when the sun is out! I was so lucky to have clear skies and sun almost all week. Spring has come very early to the Pacific Northwest and the drought that has cursed California, is also hitting the area.








Love the pics!
ReplyDelete