January went out like a lion at Port A. We've had more fun days with all you can eat shrimp with our new friends from Brainerd and beers and dancing at Bernie's Beach bar. We are trying to walk off all the good eating with long walks on the beach. It's really too funny that the drummer from the Port A Rockers is from Brainerd and has been in Port A for 6 years. The bar was like spring break all over and packed with everyone who knew the words to all the 50 and 60's music...us included LOL. (For some reason the exclamation mark turns into an 'l' when I 'publish' on the blog).
Yesterday brought gale force winds with walking the beach impossible at 50 mph winds. At least there is no wind CHILL:-) Fortunately, it's becoming a distant memory to hear about snow and windchill.
Today was perfect with mild winds and warm temps. A long walk on the beach and then off to the Gulf Waters RV resort about a mile south of here to book for next year. Yes, we booked for Jan and Feb 2014 at this new spot (below) with our new friends. This RV spot is also steps away from the beach and on Mustang Island.
I've collected lots of fun shells and today we saw a dead stingray and the head of a fish with really big teeth. I was going to post a picture but it was just too gross. Below are a few pictures of our last few days. I've become a total beach bum, given up all make up and bought a hat to cover my wind blown hair.
I continue to send Xochitl a picture of Hoppy everyday as he travels around. We finally saw one of the big bunnies last night. I thought I would have tons of time to read, knit and perhaps do projects at the rec center, but so far no luck with any of those things. Too busy enjoying the beach and area.
Next Wed. get some pics of your guys and Mark and his wife Barb for us up 'nord' here. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have a box of sea shells from Sue's grandma's place in Florida back in the 60's... dont know what to do with them all. We could ship them to you and save you the bending over all day LOL.
Maybe get a group photo with all the Brainerd area folks that you've met too.
Jim K Brainerd