Sunday, March 17, 2013

Checking things off the bucket list!

It's been a super fun and interesting last two days at Horsfall State Park in the Oregon Dunes.  The kids did lots of riding on quads and bikes--- even in the rain all day Saturday.  I had a couple of fun 'firsts' that I'm not sure were really on my bucket list, but here they are....first time ever eating an oyster and first time riding a quad in the sand dunes (that's me alone on the red quad).  Maycen and Jared are also on the red quad.

The oyster was really good and cooked on the grill and smothered with butter, hot sauce and cheese.  I could do that one again!  I totally surprised myself that I actually ate it! Maybe I am getting braver??? 

I borrowed a helmet this morning and Becky took me on the quad out to the dunes, which was like rolling hills that you bump up and over and then a super steep hill.  Way to fast for me up the hill, but I guess you need to make it to avoid falling back down!  The view from the top of the dune was beautiful as the sun was out, the white sand, green pines and blue water...pretty spectacular site I was glad I didn't miss!  

We have had so much fun with the little kids while Jared and Becky rode.  We made 'bead' muffins from the Mardi Gras beads and we just had fun getting re-acquainted again.  Brody has changed so much and is a really such a darling and great baby.  Maycen has a fun and spunky personality and Grandpa and I have really loved spending time in the trailer with her and Brody.  I just love that little knock on the trailer door in the morning, and there is Maycen in her boots and jamies with a 'good morning Nana' greeting.  How special these two little ones are to us.

We left Horsfall around 1:00  today and headed 45 miles north to Honeyman Park.  This is truly a camping in the tall pines kinda state park.  It's nestled in a forest of really pines close to more dunes and the ocean.  We will definitely come back here again.  These state park campgrounds are really more fun than the RV parks.  

We are cleaning out the fridge/freezer so made biscuits, chicken noodle soup and Caesar salad for dinner.  The brownies that are cooking smell nummy as I am am blogging...love being at a full hookup for electric and water!

Not sure we are very Irish, but we are feeling the luck of the Irish to be staying at this park (see the picture of the rig parked in the forest!).  We've learned once again, this country has some of the most spectacular and beautiful places imaginable and they are totally more beautiful with the sun out!  I guess that doesn't happen much here this time of year!  We are just loving the new adventure with every stop! 

Praying hard that our family and friends in the Midwest aren't impacted  too severely by this next round of storms.  Spring needs to arrive so they can keep their sanity! 














No comments:

Post a Comment