Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Napa Valley

Such a great day!  Felt like a tourist as we strolled and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, weather and quaint shops.  Gil keeps reminding me this isn't vacation, it's our life!  We feel so lucky!  Seriously wondering why I didn't retire sooner! 

We had a  $16 day for sure...a $16 car wash and a $16 hamburger for lunch in Calistoga!  Things are ridiculously expensive here!  Maybe that's why I didn't retire sooner - LOL!

 It's spring in the valley and the flowers are gorgeous.  We traveled the area,  took in a local lake to get our 'lake fix', stopped at wineries and shopped for groceries.  At the Robert Mondavi vineyard, I got a new apron! Yountville was our favorite little town and we  had a fun lunch in Calistoga at Brennan's.  Tomorrow we travel to head for the Seattle kids in Coos Bay, OR.  Had a fun call with Xochitl today,  who was rewarded with a shamrock shake for her great report card!








We loved the Napa Valley and hope  you enjoy a few of these pictures!  Who would create a mushroom garden out of stacked rocks?  It's no wonder Yountville is our favorite along with the Robert Mondavi vineyard.  I would love to come back to the culinary institute for a cooking class!

No comments:

Post a Comment