Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saying goodbye to our friends and Arizona!

Wow, the last two weeks have gone by so fast.  I am wondering how I ever had time to work!  I now have even more compassion and empathy for those of you still working now that I am not. My friend and former colleague from Cargill, from Minnnesota played with 3 of her friends in the pickleball tournament at Palm Creek Resort here in Casa Grande.  It was fun to have them come over and see them play in the tournament.  The weather was warm and sunny for my Minnesota friends.  This resort has more pickleball courts than anywhere else in the US.

I must mention that we are staying at Palm CREEK RV and Golf Resort, not Palm Desert as I mentioned earlier.  I must be totally relaxed to not even know for sure where I am - LOL! But we are on the desert!


My niece and her fiance landed safely in Hawaii for a magical week and their wedding.  I secretly wish we could be there to help them celebrate this special day along with the fact that this island, where they are spending the week,  is our favorite PLUS they are some of our favorite people!  We are wishing them much love and happiness for a long life together.  The picture is from their hotel!



We went to the movie yesterday because it blew, rained, hailed and acted like Minnesota as lightning darted across the sky....here on the desert no less!  Temps dropped to 45 degrees!  Burr! Wow, it was a gully-washer which filled the washes with tons of water....a rare sight on the desert.   We saw Identity Theft which was actually pretty good.  In the evening, we went to Robson Ranch with friends for dinner.  It's a really nice area about 30 minutes South of Casa Grande.

Today, we enjoyed a nummy breakfast at Cracker Barrel with friends...did I mention we are so not losing any weight?   I am trying to figure out if one of the Cracker Barrel rocking chairs would fit in the trailer!  Lorie and Harold came over for happy hour tonight and our goodbye. They arrived bringing fresh banana muffins for our send off tomorrow. I had invited them for dinner as I made a big pot of soup.  Good thing they didn't stay, the soup was yucky and we are trying to figure out how to get this big mass of soup which is hot to the dumpster!  We'll miss these guys, but see them back in Minnesota in a month or so.

Our friends from home, who were at the lake this weekend,  sent a picture of the lake house and all the snow.  So nice of them to check our place for us!  It looks cold and lonesome so we'll be glad to see the snow melt  before we get back.  Wonder when we'll get our taxes done.  Extension here we come!

Happy birthday to our daughter, Laurie!  We love you and wish you the best year ever! Sorry we can't be with you to celebrate but glad you found some cute new shoes to buy with your birthday money! And congratulations to our son-in-law Jared on his recent graduation from college!  We are proud of you!

Just outside the park gate there are Burrowing Owls.  These are the cutest little things about 8 inches high, awake in the daytime, light brown with a typical owl face.  They live in holes in the dirt.  Totally adorable!  They've put a fence around their 'home' on land recently cleared so they can continue to reside on the land.




We are partially packed up and set to go tomorrow.  We have plans to return here next year.  This is a wonderful place filled with lots of wonderful people and all of Willie's new best dog friends!  Molly was his favorite friend. Tomorrow we'll be on the road again for our adventure to continue!

Thanks again for traveling with us!  So long until next year Palm Creek!










No comments:

Post a Comment