This morning,while we were eating blueberry pancakes with warm maple syrup (from friends Faye and John), a knock on the door came from a person named, Liz. In her hand was my earring! Her husband found it on his walk with their dog. And she refused, adamantly refused, to accept the reward. I was in shock that I actually had it back and in tears because she wouldn't take the reward because she was just simply so happy be able to return the treasure to me. For those of you questioning the good in people, you can stop. It's real for sure.
Needless to say, I felt the strength of my guardian angel sitting right on my shoulder this morning. I mean, 'how lucky am I'? After breakfast, we walked the beach for about 3 1/2 miles and then headed off to make a donation in the name of Liz to the local animal rescue in Port Aransas. This was a great idea that Gil had. Perfect! I posted a couple of flyers at the rec center and office indicating how appreciative I was for the kindness of people like Liz and her husband. We feel very blessed.
Next we went to the University of TX Marine Institute at the port and sat on the jetty ---- just simply marveling at the dolphins and pelicans fishing and playing on the warm afternoon. We attended a movie at the visitor center on Birds of Paradise from Pappa New Guinea (daughter Laurie would have loved this movie). If you have an interest, you should check out these unique birds. The males do a very unique dance to attract the female.
A couple other things from today: after all the meticulous packing of the trailer, we discovered we have two ice cream scoops....not necessary for sure, but maybe the go-pass to eat twice as much ice cream:=) Our new fav is butter pecan....nummy.
Another things that is weird when living in close quarters, is when I'm working on the blog, Gil continues to answer when I call Siri on my iPhone to ask how to spell a word.
We also learned about these small boats around the town...the Farley Boats of Port Aranasas. There used to be a boat building company here run by the Farley family. They closed their doors a while ago and recently re-opened and started building boats again. Apparently, when they closed, they made a small mold for a boat that is now filled with flowers and decorates a lot of areas around the town. They are all different and really cute.
Today was another great day! Feel better my little Xochitl bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment