Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day/Steak on the Grill and another day on the Beach!

Valentine's Day brought a great beach walk with lots of hearts along the way.  We finally caught up to the King of Hearts who was drawing them with his cane!  Lots of great weather, a fun talk with Steph while walking the beach and a  trip to Port A pier where "keepers" is the bar/restaurant located on the pier.

We had another fun night eating all the shrimp we could with two other couples and then a quick trip to Bernie's for dancing and beers.  I am in awe that our favorite beer  (Imperial) from Costa Rica is available at Bernie's.  This is great news!  Best beer ever! Will check tomorrow to see if they sell it at the local liquor store.

I know this is a big birding area, but I haven't ever seen a bird with a robin's egg blue beak!  He lives on the freshwater pond by our trailer spot.  We are seeing huge flocks of pelicans flying close to the outer waves and flying high in the sky with 30 -40 in the flock.  It's an amazing sight and the picture simply can't capture their beauty and grace.

Jean and I went to yoga today at the JELM center (no idea what that stands for) but for $5 registration fee per family for a year,  you can attend a variety of events and classes.  The yoga was taught by a guy close to 80 years old from White Bear Lake, MN.  I can only dream about being that agile!  I'm totally loving  yoga again and realize how much I have missed it!  We then did a little shopping at the Beachmart.

Interesting that most of the people around town are from Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Canada.  Of course there are lots of people from Texas too!  We are beginning to wonder if anyone is left at home in Minnesota!

Lots of fun conversations with kids and family keep me sane.  Sure missing teveryone a lot!  We are planning to leave here next Tuesday and head  to San Antonio, Marfa and then up towards AZ.  It's bittersweet thinking about all the excitement of new discoveries and leaving my beloved beach.  I find comfort in knowing that we will be here for 2 months next year.






 Sending lots of love from the winter Texan's!




No comments:

Post a Comment